Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.01 ActiveX security problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingman1

Programmer
May 28, 2000
US
Hello I seriously need help with IE. It want let me view pages with Flash embeded in them and want let me download the latest Flash & Showckwave Viewers. I keep getting the error that the pages contain potentialy unsafe activex and cant be displayed. I have tried reinstalling IE but that didnt help and even installed all the latest security fixes and also tried lowering the security to low as well as special settings to take away any security at all. HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP I realy need to fix this. I would rather reformat all my drives then switch to Netscape. <p>Steve Hagerman<br><a href=mailto:Admin@Advancedisp.com>Admin@Advancedisp.com</a><br><a href= ISP high speed internet access</a><br>I did it my way!

*smile* understandable. What's the URL for this page? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

It is <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> heck even the site for downloading the showckwave player produces activex warnings and want allow me to download it. <p>Steve Hagerman<br><a href=mailto:Admin@Advancedisp.com>Admin@Advancedisp.com</a><br><a href= ISP high speed internet access</a><br>I did it my way!

Open up your IE and click on the TOOL tab choose internet options, go the SECURITY tab and highlight internet icon then click on the bottem where it says CUSTOM Level (then make sure ActiveX and Scrip settings are enable).<br><br>good Luck!<br><br>Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back