Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDR: Unable to attach to one of the drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

krneki123

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2005
SI
I'm testing Veritas BackupExec 9.1 Intelligent Disaster Recovery on virtual 2K3 machines.
I created Veritas IDR bootable CD and DR floppy.
I made a full, complete backup of one server, including entire c:\ and System State (standalone server)
Then I booted a new virtual server from the Veritas bootable IDR CD, punched "F2" when appeared on the screen, later on selected "Assisted" level method, and "Install networking and restore from a remote media server". I provided server name and credentials (instead of server name I put its IP). The two machine estableshed some connections.
I had the option of selecting session (there was actually only one session for C: and one for System State.
So it seemed it started to recover, but before the first byte was restored, I got the following error, both on recovered machine and on the media server:
Job failed: Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back