Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDR failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

compaqtech

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
GB
Hi All

I need an asap answer to this one. We had failure on one of our servers it was running (03 server) a standard ide drive, so we decided to use two 80gbs drives and mirror it with the hardware raid on our HP Proliant ML330 G3, We have already an idr bootcd Created Monday (start of the month) and Friday nights backup we have build the array in raid 1 and started it, I ran the IDR cd it runs through it but at the end reports that there is no hard disks present, I would appreciate any ideas help etc... This is a ISA server and needs to be running yesterday. Thanks in advance.

Compaqtech

You need the load the RAID controller drivers during the IDR windows setup portion.

It souund as if you moving to a different hardware setup which IDR is NOT intended for.

It souund as if you moving to a different hardware setup which IDR is NOT intended for.

However, Acronis True Image Server with the Universal Restore option does this beautifully. But it ain't cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back