Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

idq and htx files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattisontara

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
What are idq and htx files associated with?

the idq sets parameters used with the ms index server search engine. the htx file is file that sets the format for the html result page.

Ok, that is what I thought.
An outside vendor created our website and our search. The other day I noticed files that come with IIS such as the iisadmin.htm iishelp.htm etc files showing up in a search for "help" on our website. Further investigation revealed that the form action on the search page points to an ip address that has absolutely nothing to do with us? What would this mean? I was thinking perhaps during development they hard coded in the IP of their test server and forgot to set it back, but if the search still works, does that mean they still have a copy of our site on their dev box or does it mean that somehow it still points to our site? When I delete files from our site to see if they show up in the search, they do not. I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back