Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idle time out???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyE45

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
CA
Windows 2003 Servers running PS 4.0

I've gone in and set the idle time out to 70 minutes for both RDP and ICA. I've checked for GPs that might affect it but I can't figure out why the setting is not taking affect.

Anyone?

Klausen,

Thanks for the info but this isn't the problem I'm having. I'm trying to change the idle time out for sessions down from 2 hours to 70 minutes and it won't change no matter what I put in the interface.

Not taking affect or not even saving?

Meaning....when you enter the value and click OK to save/close the window is the value no longer there when you open the window again?

Have you tried changing the setting when no one is connected via either method?

You do realize that the setting is only effective for NEW SESSIONS (sessions created AFTER the change is made) right?

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

jdemmi,

Yes, the values are saving. If I close the interface and go back in they are indeed what I've set them to.

Yes, I certainly do understand that the settings only affect new sessions. These settings have been in place for many weeks now and they're not applying to ANY sessions. All sessions would be "New" since all servers are rebooted nightly.

Weird....and you've checked the SESSIONS tab of the user account in the active directory?

-- Jason

The Sessions tab for the users has the idle timeout set to Never (default) but the settings on the servers are NOT set to inherit the user's settings which I would assume overrides user settings.

You're correct....the user settings should be ignored in that case. But for giggles and grins change one user and test.

-- Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back