Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idle Line / Outside Line Preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2003
US
Have Merlin Legend R7

MLX-10 phone. Phones have three SA buttons and an outside line button. Some phones have outside line button selected as default meaning the red light is on next to the outside line button and when the pick up the phone they can dial outside numbers without dialing 9.

How can I change an MLX-10 that has SA Ring as the default/idle line button so that it has the outside line button as the idle default button and a 9 does not have to be used?

I tried the idle line preference directions and now the outide line button has the red light on by default but I still have to dial a 9 to get outside.

Thanks.

1. go to phone and hit feature 00
2. touch one of your sa buttons
3. hit *14
4 select line order and hit enter
5. hit home

Thanks.

I had followed a similar procedure from the avaya site:
On a ETR, MLS or MLX phone:
1. Press Feature or # and dial 00 to enter programming mode.
2. Press a System Access button.
3. Dial *14.
4. Press the lines in the order the phone should have access to them. The lights next to the lines will turn green when pressed. 5. Dial **14.
6. Press Feature or # and dial *00 to exit programming mode.

That switched the light from the SA Ring button to the OUT button, but I have to dial 9 to get outside line on the outside line button which doesn't seem right since I can do the same thing from an SA button. How do I program it so that the OUT button gets me to an outside line without using 9

Thanks!

You should have 3 sa buttons. 1 sa ring, 1 sa voice, 1 sa oo. They are all considered intercom buttons. Your system is most likely in pbx mode which means the only line appearence buttons are on the operator phones, unless they are private lines assigned to certain phones.

yes, there are those three buttons, but also a button labeled OUT for outside above the SA buttons.

i'm assuming this is a programmed button that is not part of the default PBX programmed features.

on the MLX-10 phones where this button "works", you can just pick up the phone and dial out without dialing a 9 first.

i'm trying to figure out how this was done and how to replicate it.

Go to that phone and hit feature 00, then touch that button and report what is displayed on the phone.If the phone doesn't have a display,switch it with one that does.

That OUT button is probably an SA-Out Only button, that is a System Access that cannot receive incoming calls. When both of the other SA buttons are in use, and you need to transfer one of them, you need another path into the system, and that is the SA-Out Only button. It is always available to you, unless you also have made an outbound call on it as well.

Now, if you add a Pool button to the phones, above the SA buttons, and select that, you have outside dial tone without having to dial 9. However, you lose Auto Route Selection if you are using that for toll restriction or Facility Routing.

I think, based on the description of the ones that do not need to dial 9, that the button in question is a non-ringing apearance of the POOL.

I just did one like that yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back