Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idle codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOOJOO00

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
NL
Hi all,

Issue:

I have to make a report with Idle codes for call center agents. The management wants to see what and when the agents are using these Aspect codes. For example: code 15= 15 min. break.
The user names and codes (in Excel format) has to be static. "Usernames in horizontal and the different codes verticaly"
Example:
Group - user - ext - code 15 - duration - code 99 .. etc
2 - Jim - 123 - 2 - 00:31:16 - 1 .. etc
2 - John - 124 - 2 - 00:29:45 - 0 .. etc

There is an standard report for it with the formula:

WhilePrintingRecords;
StringVar abbr;
if {@Abbreviation}=" " then abbr:=": "
else
abbr:=": ("+{@Abbreviation}+") ";
NumToText({Reason Code Events.Reason Code Sub Event Type})+abbr+{@Reason Code Description};

This standard report can not be implemented in to a chart.
So thats what they (management) want, to make a new report so it canbe implemented in to a chart.

Is there anyone who is willing to help so that the "code X" is beeing static in the new report. I do not know how to get this.

Many thanx

- Ronin71 - R>F>> SNAP!

If I understand what you're looking for, it would be either very difficult, or impossible to force every code from the crystal engine, for charting purposes.

You'd be better to pull the data into an offline DB and use VBA to create the report. Just loop through the idle codes. I'm not sure if you have any VBA experience, or anyone who does working with you, but if not, I'll try and look up an example of what I was thinking of.

On a side note, if unused codes do not need to be in the report, you should be able to create a formula filtering each code for each data field in the details section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back