Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying SCSI and IDE in NT Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsheshappa

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
US
Hello all,

I have a NT server that has one SCSI drive and one IDE drive (I opened it and looked at it).

Is there a way to identify what is sitting on SCSI drive and what is sitting on IDE drive (without removing one of them to see what I am missing)?

Thanks for your help

Ravi

How do I find it? Actually that is what I am looking for...

Thanks
Ravi

Can you determine either drive capacity by physically looking at the drives? If so, then you should be able to deduce which drives contain what, unless both drives are of the same size.

Have you tried running disk administrator (should be under Administrative Tools - just run windisk.exe if not)?

Thank you guys for the input.

I did run the disk administrator. Based on the Disk Size I can deduce what sits on which dirve.

However I am curious to find out if there is any way to confirm this (more accurate information)?

Thanks again

remove a hdd and see what happens.....

Also when your systems boots up your scsi adapter will inform you which drive letter it assign, at least with an Adaptec.

You can access your scsi card at boottime time, look at the screen. It should have diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back