Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

identify which USB port is used... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_crw

Programmer
Jul 23, 2020
PH
Hi everyone... i just want to ask, is there anyway that i can identify using VFP code which USB port is used during input? Thanks and God bless...

I second Mike, we miss more information.

Usually, it would not matter. For example, if you plug in an external drive or thumb drive via USB, it gets a drive letter by which you address it and that should be known to you. If it's another device, like a keyboard or mouse, that simply acts as that and you receive the input without needing to know the source of it. Mouse and keyboard events simply happen.

I could assume you talk abou the RFID scanner, did you get any further with that? If so, in what mode is it used? As keyboard? Then the keyboard input adds to what the normal keyboard input does, you won't be able to detect in a keypress from which USB port that came.

Chriss

Mandy,

As Chriss asked, did you manage to get your RFID matter solved in someway?
I am also interested to know. Please post.

Rajesh

Hi Mike, Chriss and Ranjesh.... No, i did no find any solution to the rfid ive ask... but still looking for other means,.. researching still up to now... so im still using the rfid that i am still using before... Thank you always to all of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back