Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

identify sun hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovoian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hello
i ahave some sun hardware tht i can not identify on their website, i am more of a compaq, dell and NT/2000 person,

i have a ext SCSI DLT and what seems to be an ext harddrive?

all i have is serial numbers because the peices do not have anything else exct Sun Micro on it.

and info would be apprieciated
Jovoian@yahoo.com

The best way to see what the ext drive contains is to plug it in to a Sun box and see. Do a format before and after then check the difference.

The other way is to open it up, get the numbers off the disk then look at the manufacturers site for details.

Steve

I stopped working for Sun about 2 years ago, but still have the Field Reference and Parts manuals.... If there's any part numbers on the enclosures (tho usually they'll be on the drives themselves) I could try and identify them for you. A Sun part number should read xxx-xxxx i.e. 370-1705.

could u email me and i can email the 2 parts that i cant figure out

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back