Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifing video card and finding drivers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSutor

MIS
Aug 11, 2004
US
I am having trouble identifing a video card in my father in-laws computer. I have yet to find real identifing manufactur markinks on it. Any ideas on how to identify this video card and where to find the proper drivers for it??

go to Download their free software, install it and run it. It will inventory your in-law's pc and give you a report of what's in it. Then you should be able to find drivers for the vid. card.

Or go to google and do a search for drivers. There is a pay site that will inventory your pc, tell you which drivers need updating and give you the ability to download the drivers. It's about $30 a yr, if memory serves. (The site is When the page loads, click on computer drivers. I think it may even let you do a free scan.

or get a hold of Everest Home (1.10) from there it will list all hardware and then some, with direct links to the manufacturers websites to download the Drivers and get info over the products installed...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

Excellent advice guys I will try that when i get home from work but you have listed the kinda of stuff i was looking for.

Thanks,
Jsutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back