Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDENTIFIED FAILURES in CISCO TAPI 8.6.2 WITH NPX SYSTEMS 3.0.15 (or later)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOpotamus

Programmer
Mar 29, 2010
CO
Hello to all

NPX: VoIP 3.0.16
Cisco: 8.6.2
Tapi client, downloaded directly from Cisco Call Manager

I WANT TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED FAILURES WITH CISCO TAPI INTEGRATION WITH NPX SYSTEMS 3.0.15 (or later), WITH CISCO VERSION: 8.6.2 (8.06.02.02)

I have successfully installed two NPX systems with Cisco version: 8.5.x – which had a particular need to restart the CUCM CTI services several times (after adding devices to be monitored) until the NPX begun to build the MascMap.Ext file.

However I have tried twice to deploy a NPX systems with Cisco version: 8.6.2 and restarted the CUCM CTI services several times (after adding devices to be monitored) and up to date, the NPX has not built the MascMap.Ext file!, it remains in rows of zeroes.

I tried also erasing the whole NPX config, and starting again, and rebooting the whole CUCM, MascMap.Ext was never built.

Finally I got to config Line Signaling with fixed IP addresses in the phones. It works flawlessly, never opened an SR with Nice regarding that customer preferred to have line signaling rather than keep on tweaking with Cisco TAPI.

Good to hear about your experiences

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

umm. idd say 8.6 dont see 8.6.2 on it on extranice. would be interesting to see logs, driver,tapi,rcm and call server logs?

Well, I got the case closed by Nice, but this week I will try to deploy a 8.6.2 system Again.
regarding the IDD 8.6 should cover 8.6.x - I will be able to have the logs

yep 8.6.x should be ok but i look forward to seen your logs and seen if there is a issue

Dear tek-tippers

I have just deployed a 8.6.2 system on a 2008 server SUCCESSFULLY

I don't know if its a case of an stuck configuration in the CUCM or something alike, but after adding devices and execute the TAPImonitor, a few minutes later, the mascmap.ext was built, and the recording started.

So I can say that there are not "IDENTIFIED FAILURES" but "IDENTIFIED FACTORS" usually the CUCM is not managed by the final customer indeed but by a Cisco Partner which involves a breach in the project management between the customer and the telephony crew.

As far I did, there was not necessary to reboot the CUCM, just the CTI service.

Thanks a lot, I am happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back