Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ideas? Please! (Repeat Request) - Text box character limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm75m

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
I have already pulled out half of it, but the rest of my hair will be gone if I don't figure out this problem soon...

Background:
SQL 2000 Database linked to Access 2000 front end, via ODBC linked tables. I have a form with a multi-tab control on it, and on one of these tabs is a text box bound to a field called "Notes" in one of my tables. The size of this field was originally 150, and everything worked fine. I then tried to increase the field size to 250, however the text box still will not show anything beyond 150 characters. (I can type more than 150 characters directly into the field in the table, but the control will not show it)

What I've tried so far:
I've deleted the link to the table and relinked the table to the front end.
I've deleted the text box control and recreated it by dragging and dropping from the field list.
Added an unbound text box manually, then bound it to the field.
Used the AutoForm wizard to create a brand new form based on my table, then tried to copy the control from this new form to my existing form. No luck. (The control worked fine on the new form, but once it was copied to the existing form, it no longer worked.)

OK nevermind I figured it out! (Yes!! I get to keep my hair!) In case anyone else ever needs to know, I had to remove the recordsource for the entire form (make the form RecordSource property blank) save and close, reopen the form and bind it to the recordsource again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back