Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ideas for Web access to 5.0i

Status
Not open for further replies.

buns1525

Programmer
May 3, 2005
US
Hello - I've been working with a client for a couple years and have built a couple applications in VFP. He wants to start taking orders and scheduling appointments on the web in the not too distant future. I'm pretty strong in building web applications, but am very fuzzy on the possibilities of connecting to the SBT database to both display information on the web, and also update information from the web into SBT.

Has anyone had any experience with 5.0i and retrieving / updating data from the Web? Any starting points would be appreciated. And if anyone knows for sure if it is possible or not, that would be good too before I get too far. I've already been asked about upgrading, but as of right now, the client does not want to.

Thanks

I'm doing some stuff where the data is exported from sql to SBT. But would also suggest you upgrade and just use web trader.

Bill Couture
http:\\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back