Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDCS2 - autoflow question re: text frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

cping

Programmer
Feb 27, 2006
US
I have a group facing pages document with 2 columns per page. These documents were created from the same base ID file.

Here's the strange thing: sometimes when autoflowing/importing text into my ID document, two single text frames(single column in each frame) are added to each page; on other documents, a single text frame(with 2 columns) is added for each new page.

I'd prefer that only one single text frame(with two columns) be added, since that's how the rest of the document is authored. What's happening here - I must be missing something, but am not sure what. Thanks in advance.

...i believe the auto added pages are based upon the master page setup, if the master page has two columns then that is how additional pages will be added, if single column master pages, then all additional pages will follow suit...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back