Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDC table

Status
Not open for further replies.

terp92

Vendor
Mar 26, 2004
US
I've set up an IDC table for a range of 50 DID's. There are about 20 that have not been assigned to any extensions. The problem is that when one of these unassigned numbers is called it Rings open. I want the caller to get a busy when they reach an unassigned DID #. Any suggestions??

Take a look at the intercept treatment.

that is set up in your customer data block under call to vacant DN under the INT gate opener (ld 15 to change)
INT_DATA
ACCD OVF OVF OVF ATN
CTVN OVF OVF OVF ATN (these are your calls to vacant DNs)
MBNR OVF OVF OVF ATN
CTRC OVF NAP OVF NAP
CLDN NAP OVF NAP NAP
NINV OVF OVF OVF ATN
NITR OVF OVF OVF ATN
NRES OVF OVF OVF ATN
NBLK OVF OVF OVF ATN
RCLE ATN OVF ATN ATN

change each of these to OVR and calls to the unassigned DNs will get overflow tone. Post back if you need more help.

Print Intercept in LD 21
Reg: prt
Type int

CTVN is the prompt you are looking for - to give busy (overflow Tone) to vacant number from a DID route setting would need to be =

CTVN ovf ovf ovf ovf

you can change in LD 15
Reg: CHG
type: INT

enter until CTVN prompt and enter:
OVF OVF OVF OVF

i would send the unused numbers to a vacant number intercept. a simple, as (announcement service) in voice mail. You have reached a non working number. disconect. by law you can not let unused did's rna. of course the did cops will not show up and take you away. just something the phone companies had added to one of the fed mandates. i have vnr (vacant number routing sent to my as here on this site.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back