Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDC for incoming DID trunk DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKSim

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2002
US
I have an incoming DID number that I have ported that begins with a 9. 9 is my systems BARS access code. Therefor the incoming DN needs to be converted so it can be used internally. I added the IDGT to an existing IDC tree. This did not work. Do I need to attach the IDC tree to the incoming route in LD 16? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks,
JKSim

In LD 16

IDC = YES
DCNO= x (IDC table number you put 9xxx number in) You can create a new tree with only that idgt in if the existing tree is associated w/another route. Make sure idgt in the tree converts to dn you want

The IDC is connected to the correct route, I believe. How can I print the route configuration including the IDC associations?

Also I was told that I have to refresh or do something that tells the switch that the tree has been changed. It is true and how do I do this?

Thanks for your time,
JKSim

go to load 21 and do the following
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT (place your incoming route here - possibly 0 or 1)

you will be looking for this part of the print out

CLEN 0
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES <---make sure this is set to yes
DCNO 2 *<------look for this and make sure it matches your idc table
NDNO 2 <----- here to
DEXT NO
DNAM NO
ICIS YES

go to load 21 and do the following
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT (place your incoming route here - possibly 0 or 1)

you will be looking for this part of the print out

CLEN 0
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES <---make sure this is set to yes
DCNO 2 *<------look for this and make sure it matches your idc table
NDNO 2 <----- here to
DEXT NO
DNAM NO
ICIS YES

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As it turns out, I did it right to begin with. My service provider was sending the DID on the wrong PRI. So all is well.

Thanks for all your help,
JKSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back