Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDB/Query question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyetry

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
US
Looks like there is something wrong with the query below. Probably punctuation as the trace file isn't being created. Any thought on debugging this?

DBLOOKUP("SELECT min(col_x) WHERE col_y = '" +value_1+"' and col_z = '" +value_3+ "'", " -MDQ=idb_name.mdq -DB=db_name -trace trace_file.DBL")

6.7.1 for Windows only has DBLOOKUP & DBQUERY.

Yes but the -DB parameter should be -DBNAME

And no = signs: -MDQ idb_name.mdq

Might want to wrap it with a VALID / FAIL also.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Well spotted Boca.
Just for clarity
DBLOOKUP("SELECT min(col_x) WHERE col_y = '" +value_1+"' and col_z = '" +value_3+ "'", " -MDQ idb_name.mdq -DBNAME db_name -trace trace_file.DBL")

In the actual rule I did use the real DBNAME.

The '-' is there. It's the page just carried "MDQ idb_name.mdq" to the next view line.

I think you're missing the point.
You had a command -DB. This should have been -DBNAME. You also had an = between the command and it's value. The = should be a space.

Hehe.... :~/ .. knew I was doing something dumb.... you are right, should have been '-DN'. Also was using "=" for both mdq and DN. Plus there is no 'FROM' clause.

If I go to bed at night I might start catching this stuff before itsa prob.

Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back