Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ID2.0.2 quits when placing pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilms

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
GB
Using ID 2.0.2 on Mac OS 9.
We're seeing a couple of systems haveing Type 2 errors (unexpectedly quitting) when they import pictures (or use Apple-D) into an InDesign page. Dumping the InDesign prefs (that seems to sort most other random errors out) DOES NOT HELP!
Adobe mentioned it being a result of having pictures too deeply nested in folders -but we're not even seeing a list of pictures to browse and choose, so I'm not convinced of that. Besides, there are other Macs with the same setup -accessing the same pics that don't have this problem.
Any tips greatly appreciated!

Ulp.
Seems that it WAS due to folder nesting. I'm a fool.
Unfortunately, using InDesign, you can point to a folder that's in a "too deep" nest to get an image. Then you can do a "Place" a second time and get an error. As Navigation Services will point you to the last place visited, you enter a horrible cycle of "Place/Unexpectedly Quit".
I was able to break the cycle by simply disconnecting the server volume (where Nav Services was looking) and doing a "Place" command (which seemed to default to the desktop. Roll on our Mac OS X migration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back