Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ID quits when trying to open files made in ID CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuserLV

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
LV
ID 2.02 quits when trying to open files made in ID CE 2.0. Any sugestions?

I don't know if this will work, but you could try deleting the "InDesign Defaults" and "InDesign SavedData" from the Adobe InDesign Preferences file in your system. When you open InDesign, it will rebuild both files so I keep a copy of them handy so I can just replace them when they seem to be causing problems and then I don't have to redo all my settings for my default page size, hyphenation, measurements, etc. It doesn't happen often, but as soon as InDesign starts quitting on me, I do this first & it seems to solve the problem.

Whenever InDesign starts quitting on me, I delete the "InDesign Defaults" and "InDesign SavedData" files from the Adobe InDesign folder in the system Preferences. When you relaunch InDesign, it will rebuild both files, so once you've relaunched it, set up all your settings for default page size, measurements, colours, hyphenation, etc. and then make a copy of the 2 files so you can simply replace them if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back