Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ID from Mac to Windows crashes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katwoman2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2005
CA
I'm using InDesign on Mac OSX and need to open it up on Windows 2000, but everytime I open it InDesign it won't open, it gives me an error... I have read somewhere to upgrade InDesign, which I have done... Now the file opens, but as soon as I go to work on the file InDesign crashes... So this makes hard as I can't work on it cross platform...

Anyone have any ideas on how to open an InDesign file cross platform from Mac to Windows without crashing...

Thanks

The files are interchangable so there's no special thing to do cross platform. See if you have any problems on the PC version. Make up some docs stick in some pitures, etc and see if you encounter problems. Also, create a simple ID doc on the mac and send it to the pc - to see if the problem is all the time or confined to one doc. Aslo make sure that the ID version on the mac is not higher than on the pc - that will cause major problems. You can go from loer to higher, but the the opposite is a big no-no.

Before you send it the the PC, preflight it - File menu/Preflight to make sure you don't have any problems with the original.

Make sure that the fonts and font types are on both machines, although that should only cause a font substitution not a crash.

Don't embed any pictures. If they are embedded, unembed in links pallette.

Are you absolutely certain that both computers are using the same version of InDesign (either 2.0.2 or 3.0.1)?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back