Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ID Extension using a trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2002
US
On an Option 61C, I'm looking for a command that will ID an extension that is using a specific outgoing trunk, or that will show the last extension that accessed a specific trunk. I am having an issue with CO trunks staying busied out, and I have to manually disable and re-enable to get back to idle.

~ jmcallister

Do you have CDR hooked up?

There is nothing native to the switch that will do what you are looking for.

You might get close if your patient and lucky with the enhaced trace command.

Have you tried to Trace the call in LD 80.

If it is a digital trunk theN try

LD 80

TRAD xx yy ( with xx being the digital loop and yy being the channel it is on.)

if it is an analog trunk the try

TRAC aa b cc xx (aa being the loop, b being the shelf, cc being the card, and xx being the port.

If the call is still up it will give you the other half of the call. If the call orginated in your pbx the the ORG will be the one that started the call. If it was an incoming call the the TERM will be the end call. Alot of times you will find that the call on the trunk is still up without the other half showing. It will show HALF disconnect.

For the trunk route that has the problem check in LD 21 for that route and look for the FEDC and NEDC prompts. It should be set to ETH for both. That allows either end disconnect to release the call.

Also in the LD 80 you can add DEV at the end of the trace and get more information.

GOOD LUCK, BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS CHANGE THEM TO GROUND START. PROBLEM FIXED!

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Go with perrypj's advise. Change them to ground start. Your experience is common with loop start configuration. Some succeed, most don't. Ground start should end your headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back