Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigC666

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2002
MX
hi,
i've win2k server ad loaded on one box, have three other boxes with win2k pro. one box with win2kpro has 2 nic cards.
have installed the server with dynamic addresses also the win2kpro boxes auto. the win2kpro box set up ics on the second nic card. can ping all boxes that have auto adresses, ie server 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.3, 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.6 both by address and name. the 192.168.0.1 shows up on the box it's loaded on with ipconfig /all or ping, can't find it from the server or any win2kpro box. any attempting to use ics on this small lan have looked all over done everything i can find, reinstalled numerous time if this can't be done i'll try something else the propaganda says, "no problem" can't say i agree however. could someone please give me some help

thanks
lost in the winzone

ok you are trying to see the ICS box from the wrong subnet. Change your internal lan over to the 192.168.X.X network. The gateway on the other boxes should be the ICS machine. The ICS machine will then go out to the internet on the outher NIC. Switch it around and see what happens. If you like my post let me know if I blow an answer...well it's probably late and I have had too many beers! Cheers!!

Hi,
Had some problems using ICS with windows 2000 and win98se at some of my clients. To overcome this problem I have used some software found at Lan Suite consisting of ICS and Mail Daemon, registered free for upto 5 users. Found this to be easier to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back