Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS from client modem on a W2k Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgtek

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have a small W2k Domain (4 clients) the company resides in an area where no Broadband/DSL service is available so we are using a dial-up connection to Earthlink.

The problem is an IP conflict between my server and Earthlink each wanting control... its always about control isn't it! If I have all computers setup to obtain IP addresses automatically I have access to my internal network just fine until I connect to Earthlink then the machine that access the internet can no longer access the internal network. If I setup a 192,168.0.x fixed IP scheme for all computers I can only access the internet from the dial up computer.

Are there other configuration settings I can try besides getting another modem/phone line or an additional network card?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back