Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS Caller ID Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2manyfish

Technical User
Dec 4, 2001
US
Okay simple programming issue I am sure but am stuck on resolving the issue. I have a Meridian ICS with 2 Caller ID Trunk Cards.

How do I program the system so it displays the caller ID information automatically on all phones in the system when the calls come in.

Currently it only displays info on the primary extension (The First Phone Connected). On any other phone in the system if I hit Feature 811 then I get the caller ID info. But it won't automatically display on the phones.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

You have to go into Admin programming (Feature**266344 password 23646) and show Terminals and Sets. Show the set you`re trying to program and go next until you get to Telco features. Show that and look around. There will be a prompt somewhere in this section that says Auto Call Info. Change that to yes and that will fix it for that 1 DN. Repeat steps for other extensions or use copy in telco features to change. If you want to copy, just make sure the info on the DN your copying from is suitable for others. Your call log space won`t copy though.

Schlum

Schlum,

When I get to the options for Telco Features there are only 2 options

Class Assigment

&
First Disply Name

But no Auto Call Info..

Any additional thoughts

Sorry Dave, I guess you can`t get to it from admin programming. Try going into **config with the config password (266344) and get to telco features. In there you will see more options. I seem to recall Auto Call Info, but it may be Caller ID Set or something like that. Set whichever one you find to yes. I`m going to do some work on a CICS tomorrow so I`ll take a look and see exactly what its called. Also, the set you`re trying to get the call info on must be a ringing telephone in order for it to work. Let me know if you need more info.

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back