Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS and VPN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranebill

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2002
US
I need to set up a connection from home to our server to work from home. I had thought about using VPN and went to set up our server as a VPN server. When i did this our LAN lost connectivity to the internet. We have 2000 Advanced Server and running ICS to give our LAN internet access. I went to Microsoft's Website and found out that Microsoft did this "by design" with ICS and NAT. Is there a way to get around this? Im am realively new to the Microsoft Networking environment so plaese bear with me and be decriptive. Thank you.

Bill

I believe if you go into the properties of the VPN connection then go to networking then tcp/ip properties then advanced and make sure use default gateway on remote network is not checked that might fix it. try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back