Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICS and secure websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valk

Technical User
Mar 19, 2001
GB
I have 3 PCs networked, 1 running Win 98 and 2 running XP Home Edition, one of the XP machine is connected to DSL using USB modem and have Internet Connextion Sharing enabled. Can access the internet and shared resources from the other 2 client PCs, but when I try to logon on a secure webpage it fails (example yahoo, can open the page ok, but cannot logon on webmail), Internet Explorer hangs for a while till give the message "page cannot be displayed...". I have already disabled the firewall option for the DSL connection, but still no joy, any idea or clues??? Hope someone can help me, cheers.

Did you disable the firewall on your DSL router or ICS?
ICS comes with a firewall. You need to either disable this firewall or open port 443 for SSL traffic. Personally I would disable the firewall on the ICS connection and turn the one on the DSL router back on and then open port 443.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back