Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICP 3300 COS/COR Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterHurst

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
GB
Hi Guys

We've realised we have a problem with Premium rate call barring. Our extentions are set to disallow International and Premium rate calls - COR 4 - double checked by test calls.

The issue is a particular prefix (rather not mention it) doesn't get blocked by this COR despite being an 09xx premium rate.

This begs the question where is the list of prefixes which the 3300 decides is in each COR group? Is it possible to view it or add to or amend it? Whilst on the question is there a mechanism to barr specific numbers (on our old DX there is a Barring list.

We're running clustered 3300's with version 7 software. We wondered if the tables are linked to software and an upgrade will resolve.

COR within the 3300 is a little different then on the DX systems.
COR is through routes and dialed numbers are directed through those routes. If a users COR is barred for accessing that Route calls will not be allowed. So ARS dialed digits are assigned to Routes. Routes are assigned to COR groups. COR of users/trunks are or aren't allowed to access the COR group. COR should always be setup locally or the switches should be running minimum 8.0 and Traveling Class and then the setup is only needed at the 3300 with external trunks.

The simplest answer to your question is ARS Digits Dialed form.

In this form each possible dial string is assigned a route out of the system. They can be designed very specifically or with wild cards. I would assume that the dialing sequence you want to block is either not specific enough or assigned to the wrong route. Find a dial string that is restricted the way you want and then add/modify the one you want to restrict and assign it to the same route.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Guys - thanks - the relationship between route and COS/COR is something I have got to grips with pretty much.

In answer to kwbMitel - that's the reason it came to my attention, we have no blocked numbers other than using COR, so I looked for 0898 etc in the ARS Table to copy and nothing was there.

I'm assuming there's a system table not normally visible or it's a system firmware issue. Any other ideas welcome.

There is no table or firmware that is involved with this.
The only way of dialing any number in through an existing number on the 3300 or via ARS. That's it!

@ PeterHurst - No programming exists on this phone system unless you put it there. If you are looking for something particular and can't find it then it needs to be added.

Additionally, there is no standard format to how these things are programmed. We cannot advise you without specifics.

For me to advise you I would need.

- Number that is not working
- Number that is working
- ARS Class of restriction table
- ARS Route Assignments
- ARS Modified digits table
- ARS Digits Dialed table

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back