Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icon's not displaying on Nfuse screen????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlckJckFrnk

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
Newbie to Citrix.....
We've installed a new Citrix system in our office. We've done almost everything right for the install, but are having a problem on the users side. We are able to publish the application and everthing looks right. All Icons are attached to the application, so far so good.

The problem accures when you use Citrix, some of the icons, not all, do not appear, they are X out. The applications works, but it's just the icon.
Strange??????????? Any suggestions???????????? %-)

I had a problem a while back using NFUSE that was kind of like this but not really. Everytime we published out a specific application called Transportation Manager....you could log into the NFUSE site but it would give you a web error message. You said you are having issues because it's showing an "X" where the icons are suppose to be.

Try doing this. Go to the NFUSE server and go to where you installed the program files and look for the config text file. You should be able to tell it how many icons per row you want to display on the web page.

The second thing you might want to do (and this is what fixed my issue) is just to simply change the default icon. I changed the default icon on the published application and it worked!!! Anywayz..hope I could help out.

If you are using IIS create a virtual directory pointing to the NFuseIcons directory.

Good Luck,
Steve

This is related to permissions on the directory that the icons are cached in. Users need the right to read/write to the "NFuseIcons" directory from the IIS console.

Took a little while for everything to sort itself out but if there are some still missing then I found publishing the app to a domain admin and then cranking up the page forced the creation of it.

You really need to combine all the suggestions above. Check the nfuse.conf file for where the NFuseIcons is RELATIVE to your webserver directory (
If using IIS, create a Virtual Directory that imitates the NFuseIcons setting in the nfuse.conf file.

Chris

Thanks for all the suggestions.....After going through them all it turned out that the users didn't have the proper permissions for the NFuseIcons directory.

Again thanks for all the suggestions. They all gave me a tour of Nfuse

I got this when I hadn't set NFuse to be the default page on IIS. couldnt download ICA web client either.

resolution as per this...

How to make the NFuse Classic 1.7 login page the default page for your IIS web server
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID: CTX289525

Hi!

My icons in NFuse dissapeared a little intermittent also, but when they did, they did it for all users.
To just fix this I changed the ICA client customizations options back and forth (applying changes) wich "cures" the issue.

Not a remedy fore the issue, but takes away the pain.
:)

//Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back