Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icons Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrotsc

Programmer
Nov 25, 2007
US
I am changing the default icon for my program. I go under the project options and load my new ico file. The executable shows now the new icon but the icon on the top left corner of the menu bar still shows my old icon.I thought by loading a new icon, it would replace it.
Any idea on what i am doing wrong? I am using D2007
Thanks.
Also, in the target extension box, could i set multiple extension such as .exe,.poc? I would like the .poc extension to reflect my new icon too.

I found it...I still would like a response regarding the taget extension.
Thanks.

If by "target extension", you mean use this icon and open up this file type with my program in explorer then you have to add the file association yourself.

The article describes several ways to do it, but if you try it yourself with the Registry, use the explorer way to see what it should look like, then try to duplicate it with your program.

I'm waiting for the white paper entitled "Finding Employment in the Era of Occupational Irrelevancy

I think I found a way. I use Inno Setup and it looks like there's a way to automatically associate an icon when you run the setup.
Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back