Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

icons disappearing of Map but still in Object database

Status
Not open for further replies.

darham

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
GB
Can any of you experienced bods help in a weird problem i am experiencing?

a number of ATM nodes have disappeared from my map. Whilst trying to replace them, i received a message stating "duplicate node in map"

After running a few checks i found the disappeared nodes were still in the objects database. i assume this is why i could not "re-add" the ATM nodes.

i deleted the nodes from the objects database and found i could add the lost nodes without getting the initial error message (great!) i watched the nodes come up, go green and was able to view the subinterfaces. Then they just disappeared! and i am back to square one! Any ideas guys??

Hi,

i've the same problem when i create some nodes.
when i create theses nodes in the nternet submap they disappear just after the poll-node was done.
when i create each of theses nodes in its appropriate segment submap i don't still have this problem.

Good luck

MHN

For those inconsistent objects, you may delete them from the topology database by :

ovtopofix -r <object-name>

Also note that there is a setting that tells NNM to remove unreachable nodes from map after a settable period of time. This may be why your ATM nodes are disappearing - you can disable this. See: Options | Network Polling Configuration | Setting tab.

Check the subnet addressing of the the node you are adding. It is to do with the broadcast address or the network address.

If OV deem's the node you are adding is one of these addresses then it will try and delete the node from the map but it doesn't for some reason delete it from the database.

A work around if the change the subnet address to some thing different than what OV suggests, also look at using the following comands.

Do this other of hours as this may take some time depending on the size of networks runnin on your NNM machine.

#ovw -mapcount -ruDR
this compares the objects against the databases and removes the inconsistancies.

#ovstop netmon

#ovtopofix -chs
this will fix any inconsistancies in the database itself.

#ovstart netmon

Eamonn
:)

Golden rules of NNM + HP-OV admin:
Make sure ALL the maps are closed
ovstop netmon
ovtopofix -a
ovw -mapcount -ruD (efectively deletes every object marked as removed, etc...)
ovtopofix -n (will show you the objects marked as deleted/removed/etc...)
ovstart netmon

Also before adding/modifyng any objects/nodes make sure they are properly configured on your DNS.

And that should do the trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back