Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Icon situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyds

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
US
I've got a pretty strange situation here. Only one user in the company is having this issue.

No problems on the computer until he double clicks a .wmv file on his desktop. Media player does not start plus, the icons on his desktop will not respond to the left mouse button. Can't click on icons, can't move them, etc.
You can right click on an icon after selecting it with the keyboard and the correct menu will come up. Also, the left mouse button does work on any programs that you open and on the start button/task bar. I've run virus and a couple of spyware scans with no results.

If another user logs in and clicks the same .wmv file media player plays the file and the desktop is fine.

I deleted the trouble user's profile and had him log in again with the same results. No media player and no left mouse on desktop.

If anyone's seen this before or has any ideas, I'd appreciate any help they can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back