Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

icon on <title></title>

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebo100

Technical User
May 11, 2007
PH
how can i put an icon on the title tag?

You can't. The Title tag only affects the browsers title bar, the icon their is assigned by the browser itself usually an icon representing the browser.

If you want an icon in the Address bar. the place where you would type an address to go to, then Drysnot's suggestion is the way to go. They are called Favicons.

Between the title tags all you can put is text.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

some webpages i have visited has a crawling title and an icon on the browsers tab. i wonder how they did that?

some webpages i have visited has a crawling title and an icon on the browsers tab. i wonder how they did that?

The easy way to find out would be to look at the source code of the pages concerned.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Enable Apps

That is the favicon..
You make a link element which points to a icon url.

HTML:

Code:
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" />
and/or:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />

Put the code in the [tt]<head></head>[/tt] section.
Also, I've seen sites with an animated GIF icon too.

- Lowet

[gray]Why can't all browsers parse pages the same way? It should be the Web designer who decides how to display the content, not the browser![/gray]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back