Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iCMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BogeyShooter

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
US
Has anyone ever worked with the BRFT utility? What is the pin out from a db25 to db9 connector to talk to com port 2?

The name rings a vague bell but I've not used it. What are you trying to do?

It is a software utility that enables you to back up a iCMC to your laptop. I've called Tadiran but they no longer support the iCMC.

DB25??? Is this not on an iCMC card in the Coral then? All iCMC cards I've seen have 2x DB9s. I would imagine it'd be the same pinouts for everything.

I'm sure the iCMC has a network backup utility in it so if it's on the LAN you could just back it up that way. Serial would take an extremely long time to backup.

Bogey
What a lot of people had taken to doing when there was still a lot of the OS2 based ICMC's out there was to run a local backup to the hard drive then pull the hard drive and use a usb drive adapter to access the drive from their laptop and copy the backup file onto the local drive. The network backup option in OS2 was a real bear to get set up this is how I got a copy of the backup off the units when I was upgrading to the WICMC's. I hope this helps.

Rick

The db25 is what i need to connect to on my laptop. The db9 is on the iCMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back