Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICM VARIABLE MAPPING-DEFINITY ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.

defmix

Technical User
Nov 6, 2008
GB
Hello

I am trying to get an Avaya Definity G3r(r.10) to accept ICM variables(variable 5) so I can display the contents of the variables onto an agents turret.

Avaya have said that it will only work in a CM.x environment but wanted to check with you guys to see if you can suggest an alternative solution.

Thanks for reading

Couple of ways of getting what you want to achieve here, how many variable combinations are we talking about?

Not sure what you mean.

We need to send the string contents of variable 5 to a Definity G3r to influence a turret display.

Okay I'm with you on what you're trying to achieve but there are a couple of ways that you could look into going about this. For example if you only have say 10 different combinations of what Variable 5 would contain then the easiest way would be to route to a separate VDN for each case and name the VDN whatever you wanted the turret to report. If there are numerous combinations of Variable 5 then you may be able to implement a translation route to pick up the string by adjunct, then it would be a case of routing to an appropriate VDN from the adjunct step within the vector. If you could give more of a steer on what you need to achieve I may be able to explain this in further detail for you.

I am looking to reduce the amount of VDNs by using variable mapping to influence turret display. We will be using Translation Routing for the transport mechanism and we will be setting a string(eg "SALES") within call variable 5 and we want this to be sent to the Avaya when the call completes.

It should be possible to do as Aspect handles this by mapping variable 5 to variable E.

I have heard in the past that UUI may need to be sent from the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back