Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICG Outbound COS or SMDR on G-DN (TDE100)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchorowitz

Technical User
Jan 23, 2012
US
We have a unique set-up using individual ICGs for distinct projects.

Each project is assigned a unique DID with the CLIP on G-DN Button to match for returning calls... (We have a better answer rate when callers recognize the CID)

We use the SMDR data for billing and controls but can only track the inbound calls to the group automatically.

Currently we manually enter account codes when we dial out using the G-DN button, to track the outbound usage separately.

Often people forget to enter the account code which leads to lost revenue and tracking, but we do not want to force account codes system wide. (About 70% of our calls are not project related and most people serve multiple roles).

It seems no matter what the COS for the group, the extensions' COS takes priority, as the COS in the distribution group only applies to inbound calls.

Is there a work around to capture the G-DN floating extension number to the SMDR, force an account code for only G-DN dial out, some other method using ARS or Tenant groups to automatically track in/outbound calls specific to each group?

Happy to explore a creative work around, as I do not think there is an easy answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Have you looked at quick dials. You could have a short code for the customer that dials the account access string and the customers account code then dial the number

It would be easier and more likely they will use it

We use SIP trunks, so the CLIP is dependent on the G-DN button, not the trunk.

I might be able to create a phantom extension and use a walking COS string. I will have to test it.

Pressing the G-DN would be the best way if there is some programming we can do on the back-end

Yes you can press the group key then dial the short code for the customer

I understand you are sending the clip on the group

Its getting close....

But the group operators are making out our calls on behalf of the client so the outbound phone number is almost always different.

I tried playing with a walking COS and SDN button but the CID is always from the CO and not from the extension regardless of the CLIP settings... Works fine with the G-DN button

To get the clip to send different numbers you will have yo use group key. But after that dial a preset short code.

I will do some checks first and come back if I get something working

It was not sitting right that I could not control outbound calls on the G-DN key with the group COS.

I restarted the PBX and the Group COS changes now apply to the outbound G-DN.

I have restricted the outbound G-DN key to forced account mode.

The call center cannot forget to enter an account code when using the G-DN key.

Wish it could record the group as the outbound caller rather then the actual extension, but it looks like this will solve it for now.

Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back