Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICAClient Cache/Shortcuts on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dawgs

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
US
I'm so jazzed about my printing problem being solved that I thought I'd jump right back in with a new question...

Some of my workstations have on their desktops shortcut icons to the Citrix apps. This is before they even login to Citrix. I poked around on one of the machines that had the icons, and found under Tools/ICA Settings the "Bitmap cache directory". I simply copied this entire folder to another workstation. Now when I launch Citrix Program Neighborhood, I get the window with all my shortcut icons that I can now put right onto the desktop.

It's rather convenient for me to be able to do this for my users to cut down on confusion, but if I hadn't found that "Bitmap cache directory" path, I still wouldn't know how to get those icons on the desktops. I've poked around on the Citrix server itself (Published App Manager, for example) to try learning how to get those icons, but can't find it.

Anyone? I'm running Metaframe 1.8 on a 2000 Server, btw. Thanks,

3dawgs,
You can accomplish this by modifying your Citrix Program Neighborhood and telling it to create a shortcut on the desktop.

I don't remember if its at the "Application Set" level or if you have to do it in the individual apps.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back