Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICA Session slow logoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

StackEngineer

Vendor
Mar 4, 2003
GB
Im running Win2k sp4 & MF XPa SP2, upon logging off you get the blue Win2k background and nothing else. This stays on for about 20sec's then the connection closes.

Any Idea's ?

Are you using roaming profiles? If so, your delay may be related to large profiles being copied back to the profile location. Try limiting profile size with GPO and exclude temp. internet files.

Im using local profiles and a local user account.
Problem still present regardless of logging onto domain or not.

Also the usual information box which says "saving settings" etc. isnt shown.

Sorry, but this problem is known by me only when you are uing roaming profiles. And in this, set a limit to the profiles, and also enable in the policys, that temporarly profiles will be deleted after logoff.

Try searching this forum, I think you'll find that SP4 has this issue, I know SP3 did have the same when logging on.

I think it's to do with Printers!

Try removing all your printers, log onto the Citrix Server, log off and see what time difference there is! If any!

Cheers,
Carl.

Also, read the following:-

thread48-652670 is the same question, sometimes it pays to do a bit of searching on this site!

Cheers,
Carl.

Disabled Printer Auto creation and that has done the trick.
Cheers

For us, there was a delay from log-off request to saving of the roaming profile (as long as 3-4 minutes). We found a Microsoft patch that fixed it.

If I can find the patch number, I'll post it here...

Windows 2000 SP4 is the problem. Read the Citrix knowledge base and see the 10's of problems this has caused for people. If you can roll bak to SP3, do it! I had to roll back 4 servers. One of the Citrix articles is CTX102523

I've heard a lot about SP4 problems too.

If you can't roll back, here is the Microsoft patch I mentioned in my previous message in this thread:

KB824309

It did the trick, but it then BROKE our Centrinity FirstClass application... test it first.

I have just got this downloaded from Microsoft. Please review Microsoft hotfix 828326 to suit if it matches your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back