Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICA client and 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyrlath

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2001
US
Ihave run across a few users that all of a sudden can no longer connect to Citrix on 2000 Terminal server. A setup that worked fine for a long time. Then all of a sudden it stops working and gives the error message "network or dialup problems are causing..." They can connect to Citrix on NT terminal server fine still, and they can ping the Citrix 2000 server.
Anyone seen anything like this? Im at my wits end, as Im new to Citrix. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This looks like a DNS related issue. I say this because you can ping the IP address sucessfully - can you use ping -a to return the name?

Try creating a custom ICA connection, using the IP address of the W2k server in the Server Location field of the client. If this is successful, then it's definitely a name resolution issue.

Has the name of the Citrix server changed recently?

Have any of the network guys been "looking at" the DNS server and making any changes?

Have any lookup tables on routers been modified recently?

I have actually worked at places where all these happened and people wondered why Citrix servers couldn't be contacted...

I hope this helps

if you are running DNS, check the entry for "ica". It should be your primary METAFRAME server. And if there is no entry, add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back