Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ICA ActiveX Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnitus

Programmer
Feb 18, 2011
US
Question 1: The following are supposed to be events triggered by the Citrix ICA Client.
1 OnConnect
2 OnConnectFailed
3 OnLogon
4 (Reserved)
5 OnDisconnect
6 OnPublishedApp
7 OnPublishedAppFailed
8 OnICAFile
9 OnICAFileFailed
10 OnInitializing
11 OnConnecting
12 OnInitialProp
13 OnDisconnectFailed
14 OnLogoffFailed
15 OnChannelDataReceived
16 OnWindowSized
17 OnWindowMoved
18 OnWindowCreated
19 OnWindowDestroyed
20 OnWindowDocked
21 OnWindowUndocked
22 OnWindowMinimized
23 OnWindowMaximized
24 OnWindowRestored
25 OnWindowFullscreened
26 OnWindowHidden
27 OnWindowDisplayed
28 OnWindowCloseRequest
29 OnDisconnectSessions
30 OnDisconnectSessionsFailed
31 OnLogoffSessions
32 OnLogoffSessionsFailed
33 OnSessionSwitch
34 OnSessionEventPending
35 OnSessionAttach
36 OnSessionDetach
I have been able to capture the OnConnect and OnLogon Event at the start. The following are a probable list of the events that I assumed would occur on application Termination, Closing, Exiting, Disconnecting:
OnDisconnect
OnDisconnectFailed
OnLogoffFailed
OnWindowDestroyed
OnWindowCloseRequest
OnDisconnectSessions
OnDisconnectSessionsFailed
OnLogoffSessions
OnLogoffSessionsFailed
OnSessionDetach

Incidentally, besides the OnDisconnect Event, none of the events fire when I exited my Powerbuilder application using HALT CLOSE( This is the termination command of Powerbuilder which closes and destroys all objects ). The OnDisconnect Event fires after an indefinite delay ( varying from 5 secs to 2 mins). I need to be able to capture the event that triggers instantly as the Powerbuilder application is terminated so that I could force Disconnect and close/hide the ActiveX window and return control back to the application.

A related question is: What is the sequence in which the connection/disconnection events and other related events are fired.

A related question is: What connection/disconnection events are fired/not fired under what circumstances?

A related question is: If there is a OnLogon Event, why is there no OnLogoff Event.

A related question is: If there is a OnDisconnectSessions Event, why is there no OnConnectSessions Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back