Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IC Day End Attempt to modify a different record than was retrieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

L_B

Technical User
Jun 27, 2019
ZA
Hi folks

My client is running Sage 300 2014. We are once again experiencing day end issue where the error message is:

Generic Line Data. Attempt to modify a different record than was retrieved
Day End Processing could not process all transactions

We have established that there is a sequencing issue on the POLINEZ table where the PRORSEQ has gone out of whack. Does anyone have a script to fix this? At this stage we are running RVSPY, finding the incorrect transaction and running an update in SQL - it's exceptionally time consuming.
script:
Use Test_Dat
update POLINEZ SET PRORSEQ = '102414822'
where RCPLSEQ = '102405100'
Then we run dayend again to catch the next one.
I am trying to establish what causes this. The POLINEZ table for this client has 711443 rows.
Many thanks

Go to IC Setup > Options > Costing
What is the setting for Cost Items During?

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

Hi Ettienne

Thanks for your response. Costing is set to "During Day End Processing". Has been like that since we started working with this client in 2003. Not sure what the POLINEZ table's function is. Sage tech notes have it flagged as a temp table which is normally empty.

If you are seeing so many errors in PO then something is wrong. Are there any customizations or 3rd party applications running?
POLINEZ is labelled as Generic Line Data and relates to proration, it is not a temporary table and it is not normally empty.
PO is terrible when it comes to fixing errors, if you had an error on a PO or receipt then any future transaction against that same PO will result in another error. My best advise is that if there was an error against a PO then do not use that PO again for any receipts or invoices.

Thanks Ettienne

I suppose the best thing to do is to run a data integrity on PO to see if anything is highlighted. This DB is huge and the data integrity on PO takes about 4 days to run. I will revert to the client and see if they have had any issues reported to their super-user.

thanks again

Hi Ettienne

Have chatted to the client to get clarity on a couple of things. They have an integration which runs every hour on the hour from their fuel management system. All of the mis-matched transactions we have fixed today have come from the fuel management system. Just wondering what the impact will be if the integration is running and a day end is run.

Thanks
Linda

That's probably a question that we can't answer because we don't know what the integration is actually doing. But- it would probably be a good thing to pause that integration when day-end is running, just to be safe.

The other thing to consider is that maybe the integration isn't generating the transactions properly. Maybe it is and this issue is elsewhere but you certainly have something to investigate.

How is that integration "integrating"? I've seen some horrible integrations that write data directly to the data tables, because what could go wrong?
It would be best to stop/pause the integration while day end processing is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back