Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM xSeries PowerSupply Pinouts: 00N7711 or 24P6815

Status
Not open for further replies.

haltec

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
No replies or help with the system board pinouts so thought I'd try for the power supply.. I have figured out the main power leads but the control lines are still a mystery.
Neither of the PS manufacturers list the pinouts, just specs and PR...
I find much listing of pin outs for the serial port and video port; both available a bazillion other places.. Go figure, eh?
TIA. (This board runs RedHat or SuSE Linux)
Hal

You are asking a hardware question in the Linux (server) forum.

I strongly recommend that you find a forum devoted to computer hardware and ask there.

Want to ask the best questions? Read Eric S. Raymond's essay "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". TANSTAAFL!

I've been trying to find a hardware forum for weeks.. Can you point me?? Hardware forums pertaining to IBM servers are like hens teeth all sending me to the IBM site and 500,000 hits, all pertaining to other things..

Forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot but I was hoping someone would be able to help a little at least with a suggestion or point..

Hal

Well Hal on Tek-tips there is an IBM server forum. I would start there first. The other posters are correct, your issue has nothing to do with the OS
Also have you tried downloading the documentation associated with your server. There are documents beyond the installation manual available in PDF format

Start here

Thanks very much for the link but, unfortunately, I've been there several times.. All software; no hardware.. I guess I'm blinded by the doco's from the Original PC in 1980 with complete schematics for __everything__..
I realize I've been posting wrong but what does one do when in "desperation?" :^(...
I did get a suggestion from an IBM eMail but it involves a telephone call only and I'm hard of hearing.. Maybe it's time to pack in, eh??
Thanks again, even for the flame.. That's how we learn..

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back