Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM xSeries 445

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry18

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
GB
I have a problem with a xSeries model 445 reporting a level 3 error, 'Upper SMP expansion module'. The whole upper expansion module has been changed but the fault remains. The centre plane module and the VRM on the centre plane have also been changed but the same problem is reported. Has anyone seen this problem before or have any idea which part to change next ??
Many thanks

Have you contacted IBM support on this issue? Surely a 445 is still under warranty.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Stop replacing parts until you find out what is causing the problem. You're only making it harder to find. Take a look at the Service Processor log. Start working to resolve the first reported issue. If you are not at the current BIOS and RSA II firmware, look at those README files to see if the issue has been resolved in an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back