Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM xSeries 366 Power Supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

denacho

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
US
Has anyone seen this: When I unplugged one of the power supplies on this server, power is continued through the 2nd power supply. But when I plug the 1st power supply back in, the server reboots. I have no idea why. I plan to test on a x366 that we just got back in that is not in production, but can't get to that server until it's delivered tomorrow. thought I'd see if anyone has seen this before.

Come to think of it, I ran into a similar situation with x365 that was running on 1 of 2 power supplies. When I had the operations folks plug in the second power supply, I got paged that the server had been rebooted. I was under the impression that there was some kind of "accident" but now that bring this up....

correction, it was a x336 that this happened on. not that this matters or will make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back