Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM xSeries 225 RAID 5 ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaxmax

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
GB
cAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE, WE HAD A WINDOWS 2000 SERVER (IBM XSERIES 225)CONFIGURED WITH RAID 5. I WANTED TO INSTALL 2003 R2. when i put the raid configuration disk to reconfigure raid. it gives me the following error.

Windows initializing device IOS: Windows protection error.
While initializing IOS: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.
Windows initializing device IOS: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.

how can i reconfigure the server to install 2003. i wane break the raid and re configure it from the scratch. do i just put windows 2003 disk in and it will install it on top of it. any links or advice is appriciated.

RAID Configuration disk? Do you mean the ServeRAID Hardware support CD? You are supposed to boot that CD to get the configurator. If you let it autorun under windows, it will attempt to install ServeRAID Manager. If you want to reconfigure, put the CD in the drive and reboot. If it wont boot, check system BIOS settings to insure it has boot from cd enabled. What version of the CD do you have? Dont know if WS03 R2 has a good ServeRAID driver in it so you may have to create a driver diskette from the latest HW Support CD 7.12 to install.

You would need to boot to the servraid manager support CD. Easiest thing to do then is right click on the controller or local system and restore to factory. They you can setup a new array.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back