Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM x346 Server, Diagnostic light stays lit after replacing DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzancz

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
Our IBM x346 server had a yellow light on one of the drives. I rebooted the server and pressed ctrl + I and went into the mini raid configuration and found that that drive was defunct, it had a DDD next to it. I replaced that drive with a spare that I had, let it automatically build and then rebooted. I went back into the mini raid configuration and saw that it now changed it to ONL A, so all was well. However, on the light panel it still has the orange error light lit, and if I pop it out it has a light under DASD. I tried pushing in the reset button, but it still stays lit after signing in. Any ideas how to clear it?

I got it. I shut it down and then pulled the power cord. Plugged it back in and rebooted, all is well! It must of needed the cord pulled to reset it completely.

Make sure you keep up with the disk drive firmware updates. Some have actually been to prevent premature disk death in the past!!!

Keep those up to data along with your disk driver and RAID firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back