Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM X336 RSAII reset to defaults 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtsbees

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
IBM.com states that this is pretty straight-forward to be able to reset the username and password back to the default USERID and PASSW0RD by F1 at POST and going into Advanced Settings, RSAII settings, and selecting "reset RSAII to factory defaults", but on three different servers now, this option is not available---just the options to set the IP address and gateway. BIOS firmware is 1.14 (another was 1.09). The latest is 1.15, but this update failed for some reason (tried it twice...), and the only way I have seen to update firmware on the card itself is to not flash it, but through the OS, which requires knowledge of the username and password. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what did you do about it? Now what??? Thanks.

Burt

No, but I'll give that a go. The problem is, my customer had their mirror destroyed, and the other disk went bad while it was rebuilding, so bye bye OS. I replaced the disks and the RAID controller, but this is at a CoLo, so they wanted to mount a cd drive via the RSA, but did not have the password. Usually, the RSA is good for things like this, and if an OS is up and running, there is usually no other reason really to use an RSA, except to see things in POST I suppose. It is a great tool, but useless without a password.
I guess my point is that the documentation on resetting is WRONG! And it miffed me a bit...lol
That would have prevented a migraine this past weekend.
Thanks for the link---like I say, I will look into it. I have honestly never used the ASU, but I will now...have a star.
Cheers!

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back