Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM TS3310 - hdd CF in board dead!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrCairo

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
AR
My IBM TS3310 suffered an electrical failure and as a consequence of this it stopped working, to summarize the matter we verified that the 256 mg CF card was fried, ok... the board and other components were verified and are in correct working order.

A colleague gave me an image (with Acronis) of the CF of his TS3310 and I have a configuration backup of my TS3310 made 2 months ago, the strategy was in a new 256 mg CF to record the image they gave me, raise my library and through the function "save/restore configuration" upload my backup file so that everything is ok.

But nothing is as one imagines..., although the operation to save the image provided to the new CF was successful and as a consequence of this the library starts failing to initialize the robot due to finding FWR differences between the one with the image current and the one that the robot has and by NOT initializing the access to the web interface is minimal and it is not possible to access the "save/restore" function and thus be able to upload my configuration file.

I have the possibility of accessing the CF with an adapter, as I imagined it has two partitions EXT2 and 3 and it is a Linux, I thought that there could be a folder where, when uploading a configuration backup file (from the outside) when inserting the CF on the board and this, being active in the library, the OS would detect the presence of the file and use it to rebuild the coherence of the system, but I found no clues about this possibility.

Any step for this problem??, I would greatly appreciate any clue to follow.

Greetings to all!!

ts3310_jtgxxb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back