Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Thinkpad A20m external keyboard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBarrie

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
GB
I am trying to use a standard PS2 PC keyboard with a Thinkpad by connecting it to the PS2 port and using a mouse on the serial port. Most laptops I know of can support externally connected keyboards but this Thinkpad fails to recognise it. Does the Thinkpad just not support external keyboards or is there some obscure configuration change to be made? IBM do not mention anything about external keyboards in their documentation.

Is the port turned on in your CMOS Setup?

Also, be sure that you are plugging the keyboard in when the laptop is off.... Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back