Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Support Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag0007

MIS
Feb 15, 2005
US
I know that AIX 4.3.3 is out of support, but will I still get hardware support if my system is running 4.3.3?

I think I have many bad SSA drives to replace.

if your SSA drawers and disks are covered by a maintenance agreement, you should be OK

A maintenance call for SSA disks should be placed on the serial number of the SSA drawer - not on your server's serial number.

HTH,

p5wizard

Thanks! That helps a lot! Now what do I need to do anything on the OS once a drive has been replaced? I worry about this part even more....

Google for "aix replace mirrored disk" and "aix replace unmirrored disk" or non-mirrored. You get the idea. There are IBM procedures for it - normally your CE will know them also.

HTH,

p5wizard

Hardware support has nothing to do with your operating system. If your contract for your hardware is good, you'll get hardware support.

Be aware:

If the hardware tech determines you need software assistance for the problem, even though you opened the call as a hardware call, you will be asked for your software contracts. And if your software support is no sufficient for the software you have (i.e. you don't have a special contract for an os that's out of support), you might find yourself having to agree to a special contract before you can get the software support even though you started with hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back